Intermediate Genealogy Class, 2014-2015:
"Evidence Analysis and Genealogical Proof"
Objectives: Students will be able to:
- Define and classify source, information, and evidence, as described in Mastering Genealogical Proof.
- List and implement the five elements of the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).
- Write a proof statement, a proof summary, and a proof argument.
- Lead Instructor: Cafi Cohen
- Facilitators: Ginger Goodell, Cheryl Storton
- Dates: second Saturday each month, except September (4th Saturday); no class in December
- Time: 10:30 - 11:30 AM
- Begins: Saturday, 9 August 2014 (class is structured with content overlap between sessions so that if you miss a class here or there, it wonít be a problem); last class is second Saturday in May.
- Location: History Center of San Luis Obispo County (Carnegie Library Building), 696 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo
History Center of San Luis Obispo County
696 Monterey Street
San Luis Obispo, CA
Cost: $30 for entire class to run 9 months ($40 for non-members of SLOCGS, $10 for SLOCGS Board members). Payment due at first class.|
- Mastering Genealogical Proof by Thomas W. Jones
To buy online click
- Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace, 2nd Ed. by Elizabeth Shown Mills
Homework: 2-5 hours weekly or 10-20 hours per month.
- The Researcherís Guide to American Genealogy by Val Greenwood
- The Source: A Guidebook of American Genealogy by Loretto Dennis Szucs
If you have questions or wish to be added to the class list, contact Cafi at firstname.lastname@example.org .