Templeton, San Luis Obispo County, California
The Templeton Cemetery District was incorporated in 1938, but the Cemetery itself has been in use since the late 1870's. The earliest burial that has an existing headstone is 1877. There are two sections to the Cemetery ~ The Old Section and The Lawn Section. The Cemetery is maintained by a Board of Directors and Volunteers under the oversight of the Templeton Cemetery District.
A bit of the history of the Indexing done by the San Luis Obispo County Genealogical Society [SLOCGS]. "Some years ago Beulah Heidorn recorded the names from burial markers in the Cemetery"
The SLOCGS Volunteers in 1993:Judith Chambers, Sylvia Anderson, Maxine Bickham, Joan Hayes, Denise King, Kathlyn Loper, Shirley Smith, Shirley Tharaldsen, & Cheryl Hoffman.
In June of 2010 SLOCGS received permission from the Templeton Cemetery District to photograph and update the Index to the
Jan Caniguila, Shanda Grunkemeyer-Gibbs and Martha A Crosley Graham met in Templeton at the Cemetery in mid June to begin photographing the Cemetery. Due to the extreme heat of the Summer, Jan worked in the early mornings and completed the Old Section in a couple of weeks, Shanda and Martha shot the Lawn Section on the first meeting.
An Index that includes Section, Block and Plot data along with Notes is available at the San Luis Obispo County Genealogical Library [Palm Street Public Library - Upstairs]
This Site belongs to the San Luis Obispo
County Genealogical Society